Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to redirect a single user to multiple redirected desktops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to redirect a single user to multiple redirected desktops?

Hi,

I have a site that all users have the same base set of desktop icons for generic software installed on all PC's (Win7) however i need one user to have an extra set of icons on thier desktop pointing to bespoke software.

i am happily using redirected desktops (from server 2008 std) which work ok for the base desktop icons but can anyone tell me if it is possible to add this user to another redirected desktop location and 'merge' the desktops (so the user gets BOTH the base set of icons AND the alternative icons) ?

i have tried creating 2 GPO's pointing to different desktop locations and assigning them via group membership and adding the user to both groups bit this doesnt seem to work, is there a way or can anyone suggest a viable alternative?

Many thanks
    Gav.

Re: Is it possible to redirect a single user to multiple redirected desktops?

I'm pretty sure it will only use one location for the desktop. So one GPO will override the other.

Perhaps you could create another desktop redirection policy that includes all the necessary icons and filter it to just the group or users that need it.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
    X