No announcement yet.

2008 R2 RemoteApp Display Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 R2 RemoteApp Display Problem

Hello folks, I was wondering if anyone had run into my issue before and could offer a word of advice.

I am running a fully-updated Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Terminal Server hosting RemoteApps. I have about 20 applications published at this time.

The CPA firm I work for uses Lacerte Tax software, and we run versions 2007-2010 on the RemoteApp server. All versions run properly though a remote desktop session on the server, and all but one will display the RemoteApp properly in a seamless window on client workstations. Version 2008 of the software will show its icon in the Windows taskbar, but the window is not visible. Viewing the server task manager shows that the process is running on the server.

Now the odd thing, this issue seems to only affect some users and not all. Additionally, users who have had this issue in the past no longer have this issue after a domain migration, and other users now are affected who were not before.

My best guess is that it is a registry problem somewhere along the way, but I am not even sure about that. Any advice on where to dig would be appreciated!