X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‫RemoteAPP server 2008 ‬

Hi All,

I have an issue with this service ,
    I have to use the RemoteAPP for connecting to several application ( Firefox,explore,etc)
    In the first place i wasn't to happy about using the RDP port 3389 ,
    And i saw that i can alter the default port , but i have another question that i cannot find answer to it on the Microsoft pages ,
    can i use different port with different application ( fire fox 3387- Iexplorer 3386- ms-paint 3385 and so on )
    i was able to alter the port from within : RemotAPP Manager--->RDP Settings-->Change-->RD Session Host Server
    but i was unable to connect via the altered port (24000)
    Any Tips /thoughts / ideas
    are welcomed

Kind Regards

YBM

Re: ‫RemoteAPP server 2008 ‬

And if It's impossible it's also an answer ,
    id rather know that it's impossible , then try to get the answer for months more

Thanks ,

Comment

Please remember that all members here give up their free time to answer questions.
      When someone with the correct expertise has an answer, they will provide it. Until then, please be patient.

If you absolutely need a definitive answer "right now" I recommend you contact Microsoft Product Support Services, who will work with you 24/7 until the issue is resolved. All major credit cards accepted.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I Dont think i wrote anywhere that i need answer NOW!
        I just added that an impossible answer is also an answer ,
        cause i am not sure that it's possible at all ,
        I did not want to sound rude ,
        i am not demanding anything from anyone , just asking ,
        if it sounded in any way like demand , then i am truly sorry for that ,
        and please accept my apologies

Kind Regards

Comment

No problem -- its just we get some people who think this is a paid support service, with SLAs

Sorry I can't help you, but my personal remote app experience is more or less zero.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would ask why do you want to change the ports and have different ports for different applications?

You can control the access of the various remoteapps through AD groups and if you want to give access to external users you should be using the TS Gateway which uses https to secure the connection.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Any tips?
              Well think before applying. What's the use case to change those ports?
              What will you gain, what are the benefits and will it be useful for the gained complexity?

I don't know if you can change those ports, however I would suggest not to do it if there isn't a strong use case for it.
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

ok i will try and clear up the issue
                First of all no DC/ Domain is built or will be built for this case ,

second , we have a system that will grant the connection with a portfarwarding system ,in this system i must configure each and every application to stand alone is it has the same port ,
                if i will be able to alter the ports i will be able to grant access to all application at once ,

i will no be able to do any modification in the system beside playing with the ports or network
                i dont have access to the routers/ FW etc but i will be able to open specific ports

the ports altering will grant me alot of peace of mind ,
                another question is there a way to alter the RDP PORT ( 3389) at all from within the RemoteAPP Manager ?

Thanks for the Kind help

Comment

Well the information I believe you're wanting to know is:
                  1. You can have multiple connections configured on the server but this only controls the connection, not security or application presentation, and you can only configure one connection per network adapter.

2. The only way to alter the port of the connections is through the registry.

3. I don't see any way to control access based on ports. I assume the users will need to authenticate when connecting to the server. You can and should control access with users and groups.
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X