Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming Profile Issue

Hi ,

We are using a Windows server 2008 Ent Edition . Now my CEO wants all his documents , Desktop files and mails to be same in his laptop as well as in desktop. I configured a Roaming profile in server but as his pst files are about 4 gb it log off and log in very slowly . I even create one share and enable caching on it and map as network drive and put his pst files in it and configure it but things are taking same time .....

Is it possible to configure and Direct Access in his windows 7 laptop or in Windows Server 2008 ...Can any one suggest some alternate solution for this...

Thanks...

Re: Roaming Profile Issue

Find an alternative to the PST file -- if you use Exchange, put it in his mailbox and it will be automatically cached
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply ...

Actually we are not using a Exchange Server , we have hosted a server on third party and regularly download the mails from their domain. so i must have to download the mails in the pst files.

so how can we manage the optimum performance or suggest some other alternative....

Katthy

Comment

Organise the PST files so you have:
        1 "live email" PST -- replicated -- keep size as small as possible
        1 "old email" PST -- not replicated -- update from live file every week/month and copy to other PC once updated
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X