Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second DC no sys vol

Hi

we have a server running sbs2008 and have added a second domain controller W2k8,

DCpromo went without any issues, so we thought all is ok, we have DFS set up to replicate the file shares for redundancy. but we have now noticed that the sysvol is not copying across and netlogon is not there either..

no errors in the logs

and no I dont want to demote and promote it as i'd rather fix the issue.

I have googled and not really found anything relating to this

all services are running..

I need to get this fixed or bang goes my pay rise

thanks

Cliff

Re: Second DC no sys vol

Sorry, but in this case, demote, disjoin, rejoin and promote is probably your easiest fix for the issue.

Are you saying AD replication worked until you set up DFS, then it didnt, or did it ever work?

What is appearing in the DFS Replication and File Replication Service event logs?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well

luckily I did a fix rather than demote and re-join

Burflags registry change fixed it and now all working

5 min job once we found the right fix, where it would have been hours demoting and re joining and redoing all the previous work

Cliff

Comment

Well done!

Although "hours" for a demote etc. is probably a bit too pessimistic -- more like 30 mins
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X