Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group policy Problems With 2008 dc and 2008 r2 terminal server

Hi All

I am currently having problems with group policy.

We have a 2008 standard domain controller, and recently installed a 2008 r2 terminal server.

the group policies are not being applied to the r2 server

is it possible to managed group policies for the r2 server from the standard domain controller, if so how can i go about this

Thanks

Re: Group policy Problems With 2008 dc and 2008 r2 terminal server

Yes, there should be no problems
    Run RSoP to see what should be getting to the TS
    Ensure the policies are being applied to the correct OU (or the domain) so they will reach the TS
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Group policy Problems With 2008 dc and 2008 r2 terminal server

The 2008 R2 terminal server is under an OU along with a 2008 terminal server.

the policies set for that OU applies to 2008 terminal server but none of the policies applies to 2008 R2 terminal server.

the ou is set to block inheritance, if i remember correctly it should not get policies outside of that ou. in my case the 2008 r2 server is getting only policies which are applied to group policy objects outside this ou and none from the gpo in the ou

whereas it is the opposite for the 2008 rtm terminal server.

have verified this by running rsop for both the servers

any help is much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X