Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 1309 ASP.NET 2.0.50737.0

Hello everyone,
    Upon returning from the weekend I was presented with quite a few warnings in the event viewer. After doing some research into it, I have read several potential solutions but given that the answers were so diverse I figured I may as well start a thread since it may be application specific. The occurrence of the event is random, seems like users are attempting to access some service and it says the request has been aborted. I haven't received any complaints (yet) and I even called one of the users that came up in the event log but he said he hadn't received any kind of errors or anything out of the ordinary. I figure I could probably get away with ignoring this but it just started doing it Friday evening. Any help is appreciated, I have posted the event log below.

Event code: 3001
    Event message: The request has been aborted.
    Event time: 7/5/2011 10:46:39 AM
    Event time (UTC): 7/5/2011 5:46:39 PM
    Event ID: 5d437540014c441cb6dacaedec142324
    Event sequence: 1105
    Event occurrence: 126
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2129677059/ROOT/SimpleAuthWebService-2-129543157882149140
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /SimpleAuthWebService
    Application Path: c:\Program Files\Update Services\WebServices\SimpleAuthWebService\
    Machine name: MGMTSERVER

Process information:
    Process ID: 15872
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
    Exception type: HttpException
    Exception message: Request timed out.

Request information:
    Request URL: https://MGMTSERVER.crownebs.com:8531...impleAuth.asmx
    Request path: /SimpleAuthWebService/SimpleAuth.asmx
    User host address: 192.168.1.58
    User:
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 24
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace:

Custom event details:

Re: Event ID 1309 ASP.NET 2.0.50737.0

Can you give us a tiny clue what OS the server is running, the SP level, and what roles it holds.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We're running Server 2008 SP1 and this is our DC. I figured I'd give it a restart before making any major system changes and I haven't seen these event logs since then. The strangest thing was that Windows server backup was also having issues but was also fixed with the reboot. No idea as to what could have caused this since nobody made any changes over the weekend (I doubt anyone was even in the building). I read those messages could have been caused by a permissions issue but I didn't make ANY changes. Ideas on what could cause this?

Comment

Are you sure it didnt perhaps have some locked files waiting for a reboot (e.g. install updates and select "reboot later")
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The last update attempt was on 5/9/11. There have been several reboots since then so that rules that out.

Comment

it's almost certainly a WSUS problem.
            Try reinstalling wsus.. ?

Also, what patches were applied prior to the problem commencing ?
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

By reinstalling do you mean stopping the update and BITS service, rename the softwaredistribution folder in the %windir% folder, and restarting the services? It seems the previous successful updates are not even listed on the update history just the most recent that failed on 5/9/11.

Comment

no - complete reinstall of wsus
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

When I went to the server manager, I noticed one of the services (wsuscertserver) was set to manual and was not started. I started it to see if this would eliminate the problem I've been seeing. Next step would be to reinstall WSUS, I'm assuming this is done by simply going to programs and features, removing it from there, and downloading/installing from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=5216

Would I need to do any kind of reconfiguration once reinstalled?

Comment

GPO settings will remain, but you will need to configure WSUS after installation.

It would be best to ensure that you completely remove all traces of WSUS so that the re-installation does not pick up old settings.

You might also want to look at preserving the exisitng updates that have been downloaded to the store - downloading that lot again can take some time and strain your bandwidth.
                    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                    X