Windows 2008 R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 R2

I want to Add my 2008 Standared R2 server in my Existing 2003 Domain. The 2003 is the DC . The 2003 Server is in US. I want to Add my 2008 as Subdomain. can any one help me how do i do that?

Do i need to add it as a member server or i have to run Adprep/forest prep utility.

any earlier help will appriciated.

Meghal.

Re: Windows 2008 R2

AS a member server, just add to domain
    As a DC, run ADPREP (check for various switches) from the R2 media on an existing DC (remember to run 32 or 64 bit version depending on your CURRENT environment) before attempting to DCPROMO the 2008R2 box
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Windows 2008 R2

Before you proceed with adding this 2008 server as a DC, consider why would you create a sub-domain? Is there a reason that another domain is needed in the forest? As a best practice, each domain should have at least two Domain Controllers, to ensure a basic level of fault tolerance and high availability for AD services. If you create a sub-domain, that would require 4 DCs to reach this goal.
      JM @ IT Training & Consulting
      http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Working...
      X