LDAP Search Slow on 2008 R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP Search Slow on 2008 R2

I have been upgrading my DCs recently from 2003 to 2008 R2 and have completed this weekend just past.

Since the last DC was upgraded, LDAP search (from a Konica MFD) is VERY slow. This was quick when we had 2003 DCs and indeed when we had just one left to upgrade.

Is this a problem on the Konica MFDs which I need to take up with them or something in 2008 R2 that might be causing it?

Thanks

Re: LDAP Search Slow on 2008 R2

There are limitations now introduced that could be the factor.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2009267

Comment

Hi,
      1. Are the other DS related authentications working fine? (Exp: user logon)?
      2. Did you take a look into the event logs on your dcs? Applications and services / Directory service logs
      3 Did you try to configure secure LDAP on you Konika MFD?
      http://www.ethosimaging.com/document...ide%20V1.2.pdf
      Regards,
      Csaba Papp
      MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
      Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

LDAP is setup on the Konica machines and has worked perfectly prior to the 2k8 R2 DCs becomming the only ones in teh domain.

LDAP on the Konica's is using NTLM v2 authentication. Could this be part of the problem?

Other options are Simple, Digest-MD5, GSS-SPNEGO, NTLM v1, NTLM v2.

Comment

Windows 2008 R2 is NTLM v2 by default but a GPO can change this. Review whether a policy is in effect for LAN Manager authentication level.

Carry out a gpresult /H GPOResult.html from the command line and ensure you run it as an administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            Windows 2008 R2 is NTLM v2 by default but a GPO can change this. Review whether a policy is in effect for LAN Manager authentication level.

Carry out a gpresult /H GPOResult.html from the command line and ensure you run it as an administrator.
            I find this in the results:

Network security: LAN Manager authentication level Send NTLM response only

Comment

Working...
            X