Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Folders and Permissions

Hey Everyone,

After researching online i was not able to find a solution for the issue i'm facing.

I have different shared folder with different access level and its working fine.
    There are thousands of files in each folder.
    From my understanding you can't prevent a user from deleting the file if he has the rights to modify the file.

I was wondering if anyone has a work around ?

P.S
    I was wondering if its possible to specific a location for the deleted files other than recycle bin for those shared folders.

My Setup;
    Windows 2008 DC
    Roaming profiles.

Re: Shared Folders and Permissions

You could look at detailed permissions (under advanced security).
    To retain copies of deleted files, look at Volume Shadow Copies, or an enhanced recycle bin such as ExecSofts Undelete
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Shared Folders and Permissions

I beleive that you may need "write" access to be able to delete a file. I will try and confirm locally..
      nope.. seems I was wrong.

oh well. I hope I didn't need that file.
      Last edited by tehcamel; 20th June 2011, 13:06.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X