No announcement yet.

Server Pre-requisites

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Pre-requisites

I just signed up with this site because it seems like the right one for me and I have no knowledge on any based server application and would like some wisdom before I start learning it which I intend to do by myself.

I am not sure if I should ask any question here but I will go ahead and post it.

I am working on a project and i will need to have my own server because the amount of data that is required for this project is enormous and I will need a dedicated or managed server to accomplish it.

What I would like to know before I undertake it is the pre-requisites for taking Windows server 2003 or 2008 because I would like to cover those first so I don't get stuck in the middle.

I apologize if this question has no place here but any help will be gratified.

Thank you.

Re: New Member here saying hello.

Moved to server 2008 forum
    Hardware requirements here:
    and here:

What other pre-requisites were you thinking about?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Server Pre-requisites (Was: New Member here saying hello)

I was thinking about knowledge base requirement for you to have so you will be able to understand and follow the instructions for setting up hardware and software for windows server 2003 or 2008.

Re: Server Pre-requisites (Was: New Member here saying hello)

This is worth a review.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for. Technet also has some specific step-by-step articles.