X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure file sharing/transfer

Hi,

We have a network that is private.
    Our workstations provide data (files) to this network by using RDP. RDP allows a user to share the entire contents of one's C drive. I dislike this and many others in my organization also dislike this (from a security threat point of view).

I am looking for an alternative and more secure approach. Can you help. I want the solution to work as seamlessly as possible for the users of the network.

A couple of ideas I have had already
    1. FTP, but perhaps not as seamless as I would like.
    2. Webdav (not so familiar with)

I appreciate your input on the best approach

Cheers
    Caoimhin

Re: Secure file sharing/transfer

File shares????

If the users can already access the relevant machine via RDP then setup shares and control access using Share and NTFS permissions.

Comment

So you want users on desktops, who use RDP connections, to be able to access files on their local computers when using the RDP connect, is that rightr ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi

It does not have to be RDP.
        I am looking for a way for users to get data on to network in a secure manner. The use of USB drives and the use of RDP share C-drive feature are forbidden.
        I do not have connection to the outside world so I cannot connect to services like dropbox. However the idea of an Intranet version of dropbox would work nicely.

Your thoughts?

Caoimhin!

Comment

Create a file share on a server.
          Allow the users to place files on the server

Would that meet your requirements ?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Create a shared folder that is hidden (with $ in the end)than you create a mapped drive for the users that need the access.

Comment

Working...
            X