No announcement yet.

Numerous errors in DCDIAG

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numerous errors in DCDIAG

Back story: Sage MAS200 consultant needed a Active Directory free server to do their thing. I wanted to virtualize the Active directory server for some time anyway and used it as an excuse.

Physical server: ARBSVR1
    Hyper-V Servers: ARBDC01, ARBDC02

I installed Hyper-V in Test Server, installed Server 2008 x86. Installed AD role and did the dcpromo, no errors so far, only a FrsEvent error with a SYSVOL replication problem that was corrected after a log clear and a reboot. I then created a second Hyper-V Server 2008 x86 with AD and did dcpromo. So far so good.

When I ran dcpromo on the original physical server it all went to hell. The Server didn't demote successfully and left a mess in DNS. The roles (RID,FSMO,etc) were assigned to ARBDC02 but ARBDC01 still sees ARVSVR1 as the role holder. Not I get a [email protected] load of errors in DCDIAG, DNS and SYSVOL is not replicating.

After 1 hour of verifying DNS in both servers and adding the proper entries and removing the ARBSVR1 records I'm still having problems and fresh out of ideas.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Any ideas? Oh and thanks, long time lurker and first time poster

Re: Numerous errors in DCDIAG

Links to DC results (too much characters and cant link yet) Copy paste in new tab:

When trying to access the Schema from ARBDC01 i get "The list of Domain Controllers for domain xxx.local is unavailable because: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

I'm loged on as the administrator, the list is visible from ARBDC02...

EDIT 2:

Added a third DC, transferred all of the roles over to the third DC. While demoting ARBDC01 i got this error:

Thyere are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper reffering to ARBSVR2 and not the new dc

Netdom query fsmo reports the correct values on all 3 servers. I would like to demote both arbdc01 and dc02 and just maintain the single new dc
    Last edited by xcapepr; 7th June 2011, 21:53.