Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quota on a folder per user

Hi,
    can i do quota on a folder per user in windows 2008 R2?
    THX
    Last edited by avipenina; 5th June 2011, 09:36.

Re: quota on a folder per user

<disable 10 char limit>
    Yes
    </disable 10 char limit>

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc733029.aspx
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i can't find where it is say that the quota is per user?
      if i want to have a public folder and i want to limit each user to XXX MB how i can set it up in windows 2008 r2 while all users have full permission on that public folder.
      THX

Comment

Are we talking Exchange Public Folders or a folder in Windows?

If windows, quotas have always been "per user", but previous to 2008, it has been per volume. Per folder is new

Follow the sub pages in the link I gave above
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It hink he's talkinjg about having a common folder:

IE D:\Company\Shared
          shared as \\Server\Shared

and then wants eveyrone to be able to control data below that folder, but withn a strict quota in place.

So.. As i'm sure you're aware, what you've said is correct. A Per-user, per-folder quota could be configured at D:\Company\Shared following relevant articles...
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

yes i have a folder on the server d:\Public and it's shared as \\servername\public and i want that every user will have a quota on that shared folder for 2GB each.i can't find how to do that.
            THX

Comment

If you can't find out or work out how to apply quotas to a folder, then I suggest you hire a freelancer or independent consultant who is able to do so for you.

I suggest this because I believe if you're unable to find the information required to instruct you on how to do this, then you're almost certainly going to be unlikely to interpret, and correctly apply that information.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X