X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows time server setup

Hi,
    I've 2 question
    1.why do i need to sync my PDC with an external time server like time.microsoft.com and not use the PDC clock as the NTP itself?and if i use this external time server what will happen if i'm in Israel and the daylight saving issues.
    2.how can i tell all client in my network to sync there time with the PDC and can i force time sync on all my network?

THX

Re: windows time server setup

1) You can sync (or not) with any source -- as long as all domain members are within 5 minutes (default) of the PDC they really dont care what time they show. External sync will give you UTC (GMT to old fashioned Brits) and local zones will be done by offset

2) Lots of results here: http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=...w=1115&bih=649
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: windows time server setup

1. You don't have to configure it with an external time source, although it is recommended you do in case there is a problem with the systems internal clock which can cause some problems whilst communicating with the rest of the world.
      2. You don't have to tell the clients anything, the time service that runs on the clients does that automatically for you.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X