X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The login is from an un-trusted domain Issue and DisableLoopbackCheck

Hi,
    I use 2 exact SQL servers in Mirror.
    I receive an error message like “The login is from an un-trusted domain.” when trying to login to the SQL Server Management Studio with Windows Authentication.
    I always used Windows Authentication to the SSMS until few days ago when I started receiving this message “The login is from an un-trusted domain” but only in ONE SQL server (The Slave).
    Adding the “DisableLoopbackCheck” to the registry and setting it to 1 resolved this Issue.
    My question is WHY ?!
    I would to understand why did it happen suddenly and have no idea. The server was installed in Oct 2010 ! both of them. The second server (one which did not had this issue) is still working since with no “DisableLoopbackCheck” Key in its Registry.
    By the way, I did not install any Updates and/or MS fixes lately. So it happened suddenly.
    furthermore, when having this error, I tried to see the SQL server log via SA login. But it was not there! The only SQL Logs available were: DataBase Mail, SQL server Agent and Windows NT. NO "SQL SERVER" event. Ha ?!
    Any Ideas why this happened ?
    After adding the Key to the registry , the SQL Server log has appeared.

Any Help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
Working...
X