Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 physical hosts in cluster and 2 hypervised nodes with 1 iSCSI shared storage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 physical hosts in cluster and 2 hypervised nodes with 1 iSCSI shared storage.

Hello,
    I need to build a system that will include 2 physical 2008 and 2 Hyper-V servers (with 4 virtual 2008 servers). Physical servers will carry SQL and must provide failover.
    My idea is to use 1 iSCSI shared storage for 2 physical and 4 virtual servers.

Please see my scenario and correct if it is not valid.
    A) On iSCSI storage I plan to create 2 LUNs – one for 2 physical servers and one for 2 hypervisor nodes
    B) I want to place 2 physical servers 2008 R2 in cluster for SQL failover and load balancing.
    I don’t have an experience with physical cluster but have an experience with Cluster Shared Volume in Hyper-V and tested HA. So, I need a confirmation that 2 physical servers 2008 r2 is an appropriate solution for the above requirement.
    How physical servers should be configured?
    2008 r2 on each server local drives and SQL DB on shared storage?

I am planning to go with HP DL360 G7 for servers and HP Storage Works 2000 for iSCSI or possibly SAS interface.
    The goal of the shared storage in my case is to provide Clustering with failover and load balancing for physical servers and CSV for Hyper-V hosts.
    I will appreciate corrections and suggestions ...
    Michael.
    Last edited by mla; 20th May 2011, 19:52. Reason: typo
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: 2 physical hosts in cluster and 2 hypervised nodes with 1 iSCSI shared storage.

Just a quick note, for the hyper-v cluster, you need a quorum lun and a csv lun.
    I'm not really into sql clustering, but there needs to be a quorum lun, a dts lun and a data lun.
    Take care of multiple paths to the storage device.
    gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

Re: 2 physical hosts in cluster and 2 hypervised nodes with 1 iSCSI shared storage.

Thanks gerth.
      I believe that I should ask the question related SQL clustering on SQL forum or may be here somebody will suggest SQL cluster stuff.
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
      X