Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2008 Active directory Server restarts while login

Hello,
    I Have IBM Sever which is having active directory windows 2008 installed. When I login to the server it restarts itself and some time it restarts just 5 or 10 minutes after logging.At first sight it seems to be a hardware problem but I took vhd file of server and installed it to the other hardware server but it keeps the same. I have scanned server thoroughly through microsoft forefront security and through malwarebyte byte but the issue is same. What could be the problem. Please suggest.
    Last edited by ibrahimbzr; 18th May 2011, 07:05.

Re: Windows Server 2008 Active directory Server restarts while login

Jus to be sure,
    this only happens if you log in so if you leave it at the ctrl-alt del screen
    it will stay on?

Comment

Anything in the Event Logs???

Comment

when did the problem start?

an AD Server will also restart/shutdown if the security event log is full - is your event log configured to overwite ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by mhoogev View Post
          Jus to be sure,
          this only happens if you log in so if you leave it at the ctrl-alt del screen
          it will stay on?
          Yes,it happens only at logon and if i leave it on ctrl-alt del screen it stays on
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
            when did the problem start?

an AD Server will also restart/shutdown if the security event log is full - is your event log configured to overwite ?
            Tried the same before with no luck

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              Anything in the Event Logs???
              No event is mentioned about the cause of restart.

Comment

does it BSOD, or just restart ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                  does it BSOD, or just restart ?
                  No,Just restart...

Comment

Have you activated windows yet???

Comment

Have you activated windows yet???
                      Yes,windows is activated long before

Comment

I'm sure this happened with an unactivated version of windows.

Have you tried logging into the server from an RDP session and checking the status of it???

Is the server a member of a domain that you could use another Domain Admin account to logon and delete the exisitng profile???

Comment

I'm sure this happened with an unactivated version of windows.

Have you tried logging into the server from an RDP session and checking the status of it???

Is the server a member of a domain that you could use another Domain Admin account to logon and delete the exisitng profile???
                          Windows is activated,I checked it once more after ur suggestion.

Comment

Are you absolutely sure it isnt infected?
                            For some reason various LSASS virii spring to mind
                            Tom Jones
                            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                              Are you absolutely sure it isnt infected?
                              For some reason various LSASS virii spring to mind
                              Good catch. I forgot about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X