Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfmon Logical Disk - Cant collect indvidual disk instances, only total

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone has come across this before. Im running Windows 2008 and setting up a perfmon counter to gather some logical disk information.

I firstly started a counter, selected "Logical Disk" and then <All Instances>. Saved the counter and left it to monitor for a few minutes. When i opened the logs to check the progress, i noticed all the logical disk counters were logging for "_Total"

Next I went and started another counter and individually selected each disk instance as per the screen shot below, assuming if all else failed this would work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selected Counters.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	468887

However once again when I went and opened the counters to see how it was going, once again the only counters instances being saved was once again '_Total'

Name:	Logged Counters.JPG
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	468888

The other strange thing I have noticed is when I add the same counters and instances for other servers, I find that the additional servers are not even showing in the logs at all.

Name:	Selected Counters. - Additional Servers.JPG
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	468889

Has anyone come across this before, am i missing something really obvious here?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, im scratching my head in confusion here!

Thx in advance!
Working...
X