No announcement yet.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Deleting Profile After Logoff

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2008 R2 Deleting Profile After Logoff

Hey Guys, i'm having a strange problem with my server. I logon with the Admin account and i can make changes, add files to my desktop, pictures..etc etc, and after i logoff the documents are still there. But with other accounts , even if they are admin accounts, the profiles gets deleted after i logoff, i can copy dcouments and do everything without any problem, but the soon i logoff it deletes the profile of that user. what it did was loged in with kevin account, or it can be another account, went to the User Profile setting and noticed this:

Domain\Administrator is Local and Status Local
    Domain\kevin is Local and Status Temporary

. Im loging in directly on the keyboard of the server, not using remote desktop or terminal services, don't really know what to do to change that from temporary to local, this never happend to me. Probably it's GPO problem but i didnt add or change the default settings.

This is a Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation, with AD active.

Kevin Guerreiro

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 Deleting Profile After Logoff

Ok, i just figured it out, sorry for the post, but probably this will help others with the same problem, and don't know how to fix it:

The problem was i was a member of Domain Guest, and it was doing the temporary profile. Well at least if you need to do something like that, you have an idea how to do it,