Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant manage server via RDC after it's connected to VPN server

Hello

I can't manage Server (running Windows 2008 SP2, 32bit) via RDC after the server connected to VPN server.

That's What I need to do:
    Connect to the Server via RDC (successful)
    Connect the server to VPN server using L2TP Connection (Fail)

The last screen that I can see is "Registering the computer to the network" and then RDC screen freezes. I can't connect to the server Via RDC again till Restart the server.

I think it occurs cause gateway configuration after I connected to VPN server.

My server only have 1 Nic. I do not have this issue with Windows 2003.

Any help would highly appreciated.

Re: Cant manage server via RDC after it's connected to VPN server

Sounds like you have the server configured to use the gateway on the remote connection for the VPN. The VPN is probably connecting and then the server is no longer responding locally.

You want the network centre, "Change Adapter Settings", right click your VPN and properties then the network tab. Double click IPV4 (presuming that is what you're using) and click advanced.

You should then finally get to the IP Settings tab that has the checkbox "Use default gateway on remote network".

Untick that and ok all the way out.

See if that helps!

Comment

Hello beddo,
      Thanks for reply
      changing VPN Connection's default gateway only helps me to stay connected to the server via RDC even after VPN connection connected.
      but since the default gateway changed, the VPN Connection won't word.

Comment

When you say it won't work, what is happening? Is something not connecting, is it erroring or is it when you try to access something?

I have noticed in the past that in a VPN you sometimes have to use the full domain name to acces remote server resources, so instead of typing \\server\share you would type \\server.DOMAIN.local\share

It really depends on what you mean by "the VPN Connection won't work" because that is a very generic statement...

Comment

Working...
        X