Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change order of hidden network adapters

Hi,
    We have some applications running on a Microsoft Win Server 2008 R2 clustered environment, that have to bind to the first phyiscal ethernet adapter.
    With MS clustering, an additional, hidden network adapter called "Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter" is created, which is ranked at the "first position" in the nework adapter list:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	468868

Looking at the device manager, enabling "show hidden devices", all network adapters are shown:

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	468869

However in the network control panel, only the physical ethernet adapters (actually VMware adapters) are shown:

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	468870

Hence, only the order of these two adapters can be changed via advanced settings of the network control panel:

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	468871

My question: Is there a way that hidden network adapters such as the "Cluster Virtual Adapter" are also shown in the network control panel and hence the order of these adapters can also be changed via the advanced settings option?

Thank you very much for your help!

Re: Change order of hidden network adapters

Hi,
    Any help in this case available?
    I was still not able to resolve this issue.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards

Comment

Seen as you have not had a response for so long, have you tried asking this question in Microsoft's public server forum?
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Only physical adapters are shown in the network adapters list AFAIK.

And another thing is that the Fail Over Cluster Card is only first becasue its the first in the alphabet.

Maybe if you explained exactly what you wanted to achieve we might be able to help a bit more.

Comment

Hi,
          As I explained in my first post we have applications that bind to the first available network adapter.
          In the MS cluster case, this is some sort of cluster network adapter which is not routeable, etc (IP: 169.254.1.140/16).
          Hence, I would like to change the order of the network adapters (nvspbind does not work) in order that our apps bind to the first available and proper network adapter.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X