How to migrate or redirect users from old domain to a new domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to migrate or redirect users from old domain to a new domain

My company has been bought by another company and the name of the company has been change to the new company's name. Now the new name should reflect in all our IT systems including: Domain Controller and MS Exchange 2007 server.
    Now my issues is that how can I migrate or redirect all the users from the old company's Domain to the new company's Domain without the users losing their old login profiles and also be able to receive mails from the new Domain?

Re: How to migrate or redirect users from old domain to a new domain

Renaming the active directory domain is going to provide a whole host of problems. Is it really essential or can it be ignored? It'll only show up on the login screen and to anyone who knows where to look.

If you're just talking about changing the email domain then that's a whole lot simpler but more approriate for an Exchange question rather than server question..

Comment

you could use ADMT to migrate the users from the old domain to the new domain.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

use ADMT and PES (password export server) if you also want to migrate the users passwords as well, in order to know what are the steps for migrating users from one domain to another, a quick google search will help you . if still you have any problems regarding users migration then let us know.

Also i will suggest that if your company is merged into the new company then you should migrate the users from ur old domain to the new company domain and also create accounts for the migrated users on the new company email server, as it will simplify your tasks.

Comment

Working...
        X