Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDS Unattended Windows 7 install - skip domain authentication before install ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDS Unattended Windows 7 install - skip domain authentication before install ?

Hello dear admins,

I'll try to explain my problem as simple as I can.
    I have single, standalone DC with WDS on it. I added few new Win7 install images.

Now what I'm trying to accomplish is :
    I want to connect another (new) empty PC and boot it with PXE.
    So far its ok, its booting and im getting Win7 instalation page etc .... but when I click next popping up authentication window and asking my domain credentials. Lets say I don't want this PC being joined into my domain.

I tryed using WAIK answer file but I can't find where can I skip domain autherntication before install.

Thanks for responding.

Re: WDS Unattended Windows 7 install - skip domain authentication before install ?

Remove the PC from the domain after installation?

WDS-installed workstations are domain members.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: WDS Unattended Windows 7 install - skip domain authentication before install ?

Lets say I connect 5 PCs all together and boot them all with PXE. On each one of them I get "put domain credentials to continue". If I don't fill username and password on each one of them it won't continue.
      I just want to "skip" this part and install.
      Can I skip it using WAIK for doing that or WDS=every PC I connect will automaticly ask for domain authentication and I cannot skip it ?

Comment

Edit the file bootstrap.ini file and enter these details
        Code:
        [Default]
        DeployRoot=\\YOURDEPLOYMENTSERVER\DeploymentShare$

UserID=YOURACCOUNT
        UserDomain=YOURDOMAINNAME
        UserPassword=YOURPASSWORD

SkipBDDWelcome=YES
        Alot can also be configured in customsettings.ini as well so also look at modifyig that.

I won't post ours but we have nly one screen during a light touch deployment and that is for the computer name. OU's joining account and applications can all be specified in that file.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Drunky_King View Post
          Hello dear admins,

I'll try to explain my problem as simple as I can.
          I have single, standalone DC with WDS on it. I added few new Win7 install images.

Now what I'm trying to accomplish is :
          I want to connect another (new) empty PC and boot it with PXE.
          So far its ok, its booting and im getting Win7 instalation page etc .... but when I click next popping up authentication window and asking my domain credentials. Lets say I don't want this PC being joined into my domain.

I tryed using WAIK answer file but I can't find where can I skip domain autherntication before install.

Thanks for responding.
          This will not join the computer to the domain, its only to authorize with WDS.

Comment

IIRC that prompt only appears if you have multiple images, I.e. unless you have a single image to deploy you will always see it.

The credentials are required as the default permissions on the WDS share are Authenticated Users - Read. You might be able to get around this by changing the permissions to Everyone but I have heard of people breaking WDS completely by messing with the default permissions, so bear that in mind.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
            X