Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming Profiles and Remote Desktop App

Guys,

So I have windows server 2008 R2 with romaing profiles and 18 workstations. Everything is working fine.

The client needs to utilize new app and this app is utilizing Remote Desktop App to connect to another company.

On my side: Any user can access any computer with his credentials.
    On their side, each computer on my side must have a RDP icon with its own username and password, each computer has his own username.

How can i add this remote desktop app (shortcut) to each computer on my network that will store the same username regardless the user is logged in to the workstation. I assume it has something to do with default user but not sure how to implement it.

Examples (my network):
    Computer1
    Computer2
    userA
    userB

When userA uses Computer1 he should have a RDP icon with user: Domain\ComputerZ as the username
    If the same userA uses Computer2 he should have a RDP icon with user: Domain\ComputerY as the username
    ComputerY and ComputerZ are credentials on the remote company side.

Same scenario if userB is logged in to Computer1 he will have the same RDP shortcut with Domain\ComputerZ as the username.

I hope its clear enough

Thank you,
    D

Re: Roaming Profiles and Remote Desktop App

Saying default user you probably mean that you can create the RDP shortcut on the desktop which is true, however I can't see a way of saving the credentials other than asking the users to click the Options button and check "Allow me to save credentials". From then on it would work the way you want it to.
    yaro

Comment

Re: Roaming Profiles and Remote Desktop App

Yaro,

Thank you for your reply.

So what i did to solve this issue;
      I created the RDP shortcut with the credentials on c:\Users\Default on each workstation and doesn't matter which users loges in to that workstation will have the right credentials.

Thanks,
      D

Comment

Working...
      X