Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation error

hello frnds,
    myself mehul,m new user of this website..
    i have learned a lot of new things over here.
    i am having a problem during INSTALLATION OF SERVER 2008 on my laptop.i would be thankful if u will try to help me to solve it.

the ERROR MESSAGE is " this computer does not have enough space for temporary files.windows installation needs atleast 455mb of space on any partition for temporary files.to install windows,free enough space and restart installation."
    and ERROR CODE is Ox80070103

I have done format of my hard disk.there is enough space in GBs on each partition..my laptop is fulfilling all the requirements(eg RAM size,etc) to install server but i m still getting this error.
    i hope you will help me as soon as possible..
    Thanx..and regards

Re: Installation error

are you upgrading, or installing on a new laptop, or a second partition, or what?

You need to tell us a bit more.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

yeah bro.,i am installing on second partition..i have installed windows 7 ultimate on main partition.

Comment

and you have a second partition created and formatted as NTFS?

What stage of the boot-up are you getting to?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Do you need the server for learning or testing?
          If so and you have a good notebook try to go virtual (VMware Workstation)
          I think you will run into driver issues as well if you want to proceed installing
          on your notebook.

Comment

Originally posted by mhoogev View Post
            I think you will run into driver issues as well if you want to proceed installing on your notebook.
            He has Windows 7 installed, which suggests there are suitable drivers available.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

i want to learn server operating system for network administration to perform various tasks about creating domain,group policies,dhcp configuration,etc
              should i go for vm ware workstation?will i be able to perform all tasks?and if possible plz give me the download link for vmware because i am confused about it..
              thanx 4 help

Comment

yeah bro.,i have created and formatted partition in NTFS
                i got the mentioned error while the 1st step of installing,means while clicking on "Install Now"

Comment

Google...

http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/

You can purchase it there.

You will need a copy of, and license for, the Windows version that you want to install on the virtual machine.
                  Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

If you are running Windows 7 Ultimate then I would suggest installing XPMode and Virtual PC. Since you are wanting to run Server 2008 you could use the 32bit version. If however you want to run Server 2008 R2 then you will need the 64bit version of Windows 7 and VMWare.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X