No announcement yet.

Replication Error?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replication Error?

I just performed a P2V of one of my 2008 R1 DC/fileservers. Since that, i am getting what appears to be replication errors in the logs on that server. Today, i brought up a 2008 R2 DC, and i am now receiving the same messages on that box as well. Error is EventID 1058, Source: Group Policy. Full error is below. I clicked the link for the GPO in question, and file cannot be found. If I look for it manually, that file isn't there. What am I missing? DFS isn't installed, DNS resolves properly...

Error text:
    The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\DOMAIN\SysVol\DOMAINt\Policies\{F79AB3D8-95D6-449F-B5B5-0E0E0FE52BA4}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following:
    a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
    b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).
    c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

Re: Replication Error?

I tried change the Burflags key in the registry on both the PDC emulator (2k3 box, set key to d4) and both 2k8 DC's (set to d2). I watched everything replicate, the files populated properly and were identical across all 3 DC's. Then 5min later, the files had changed, and the GP it is looking for was gone, and same errors are back.

I'm at a loss.