Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securely publishing FTP to the internet ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securely publishing FTP to the internet ?

Hi All,

I wonder what could be the possibilities for sharing files securely on Windows server environment if you are not allowed to use any free services (Drop box, rapidshare.com, etccc) and must be securely published to the Windows Client users ?

what i have in mind are the following technologies:
    1. Manually sending the files with DVD media by postal service.
    2. Publishing sFTP through TMG 2010?
    3. Windows Remote Desktop Services (RDS is the new replacement terms for Terminal Server service in Windows Server 200
    4. Any possible Juniper SSL VPN features?

FYI: at the moment I'm using Juniper SSL VPN to access terminal server environment.

Re: Securely publishing FTP to the internet ?

Webdav
    Sharepoint
    gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by gerth View Post
      Webdav
      Sharepoint
      ah ok, but I just want to make sure that it can be published securely through the internet connection using certificate ?

Comment

Why not require connection via the Juniper VPN before getting access to the FTP server?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          Why not require connection via the Juniper VPN before getting access to the FTP server?
          Hm.. is hat possible ?
          because with the Juniper SSL VPN, I can just click a link (afte securely login) to open up the mstsc.exe in my PC to securely connect to the TS in my company.

Comment

Ah, I assumed it was an actual VPN rather than a remote access appliance.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by Albertwt View Post
              Manually sending the files with DVD media by postal service.
              Use a secure courier instead of mail. If regular mail is used, DVD contents should be encrypted in case it is stolen or lost.

-vP

Comment

Working...
              X