• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable DEP with GPO ?

i must disable the DEP from our Domain 2008
    we have some site that are blocked with the DEP
    and i affraid to change the boot.ini

is there another way to disable the DEP ?

Re: Disable DEP with GPO ?

Originally posted by tulik23 View Post
    and i affraid to change the boot.ini
    Why? Whatever way you find to disable DEP, you will be modifying this file - this is where the setting is defined.

Disabing DEP on a wide scale isn't recommended. I would strongly advise that your long term strategy is to contact the vendor of the software causing you problems and reenable DEP asap.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Disable DEP with GPO ?

Are you sure that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is the problem?

The role of DEP is to make sure that programs are running safely. If they using
      By default it is turned on only for essential Windows programs and services.

You have the option to define exceptions for different programs. This is what I suggest you to do before disable DEP.

Csaba Papp
      MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
      Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate