Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Re-Installation

Hi Guys,

We recently had to get rid of one of our servers as it had stopped functioning correctly, but when I've come to Re-Installing Server 2008, It keeps bringing back a BSOD.

Some of the error messages are

Re: Problem With Re-Installation

Originally posted by magic112 View Post
    Hi Guys,

We recently had to get rid of one of our servers as it had stopped functioning correctly, but when I've come to Re-Installing Server 2008, It keeps bringing back a BSOD.

Some of the error messages are
    Sorry, my crystal ball must be off
    As much detail as possible, including hardware specs

I have found BSODs during install often come back to faulty RAM, but that is purely a guess in your case
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Problem With Re-Installation

Hi Guys,

Some of the error messages are:

"Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area"
      "IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal"

This seems very weird as the machine was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

If you guys have any information on why it would be doing this, I would be very appreciative as this problem has been bugging me for ages

Thanks,
      Magic112
      Last edited by magic112; 12th March 2011, 08:37.

Comment

Physical or Virtual?
        What hardware specs?
        What installation media are you using?
        Where in the install process does this happen?
        Last edited by Ossian; 12th March 2011, 19:52.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If physical, is this a different server than the one that developed a fault, or the same one? In your original post you say you "got rid of" the old one, so can we assume this is a different box?

Again assuming physical, run some hardware diagnostics, such as MemTest86+.

Once you answer Ossian's questions then perhaps we can offer more specific advice.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Normally those errors have to do with memory so as Gareth is saying perform some diagnostics using MemTest. When you boot from the DVD you can perform Windows Memory Diagnostic by selecting Repair Your Computer

Comment

yyyeeaa, those errors are hardware errors.
              or drivers at the very least.

If you can get a full memory dump, windbg will tell you which driver is causing the fault
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Magic, any possibility you could come back to us with some more information, particularly answers to Ossian's questions, so that we don't have to play guessing games?
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi,

can you upload the memory dump? I can try read that for you

it will be located under c:\windows\
                  Thanks & Regards
                  v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
                  Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
                  Independent IT Consultant and Architect
                  Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Working...
                  X