No announcement yet.

Win 2008 TS Remote App + Excel 2007/2010

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2008 TS Remote App + Excel 2007/2010

I'm having a small issue with our terminal servers using RemoteApp:

When a user starts Excel 2007/2010 (as a RemoteApp, not a full desktop), opens a document from excel, then opens another one (from the file-open menu within excel),
    both excel windows appears within one icon in the task bar.
    There absolutely no way to tell that multiple excel documents are open, and therefor no way of quickly swapping between them (unless using the window menu within excel).
    Even when hovering above the icon with the mouse, only the "close window" choice appears.

More so, this problem only appears in Excel. Word, Powerpoint all work fine (multiple icons are displayed when multiple documents are opened from the application).

I've checked all the settings on Windows itself ("never combine taskbar buttons" is selected) and within Excel too ("show all windows in taskbar" is selected).

Is this a known issue or limitation in Excel when used with RemoteApp?

Re: Win 2008 TS Remote App + Excel 2007/2010

Nobody ?

In line with the forum rules, please do not bump. If somebody has something to contribute, they will do so. Bumping appears rude and will likely discourage people from helping.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Does this answer your question?

MCSE 2003, MCITP EA, VCP4.

No sorry. The strange thing is that excel works in a full RDP session for each workbook i get a own window. But when i load excel trough a Remote App each workbook opens in the same excel window.