Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error permission to access folder

Hi,

I am trying to do practical on win server 2008 on a single system by backup operator.
    I have made roaming profile of user.

When i m trying to access the profile folder of users like desktop by administrator login then getting error of permission.
    you can see enclosed snapshot as well.

So, i think as i have logged in administrator then why this error comes coz administrator has always full right.

so please help me out.
    Attached Files

Re: error permission to access folder

By default, administrators do NOT have access to profile folders. There is a GPO setting (Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles) which will override this for new profiles, but you will manually need to configure permissions on existing ones
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have enabled Administrator security group to the roaming user profile share setting and updated group policy by gpupdate.exe /forcefully twice

but that still asking for same

and its not feasible to provide permission manually from the properties (snap is in enclosed) for every directory like desktop, favorites, contacts and documents.

What do u all say wats the issue or i m in wrong way to do
      Attached Files

Comment

As I said above, the administrator permissions will only take effect on NEW profile folders. Existing ones will need permissions changed manually
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you actually checked that you have permissions to access that folder?
          As I have found to my cost , "Everyone" doesn’t automatically allow administration rights to a folder ! .. Especially if that folder is created by a GPO when the GPO is enforced for the first time.

Check AD permissions and also Advanced Permissions on the root of the folder

Comment

Working...
          X