Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Registry Keys (32 vs 64 bits Windows)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Registry Keys (32 vs 64 bits Windows)

Hi,

In the 64-bit Windows registry, there are some keys which are are not visible from REG or REGEDIT running remotely on a 32 bit system. Is there a way to make them visible?

Specifically, I am trying to read remotely, from a Windows 2003 32 bit and Windiws 7 32 bit, with REG.EXE, the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Virtual Machine\... located in the registry of a Windows 2008 64 bit machine.

TIA

Regards

Alex

Re: Invisible Registry Keys (32 vs 64 bits Windows)

jus tto be sure

try reading it remotely using a x64 client and see if you can see that hive.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You mean to run the 64 bit REG or REGEDIT on a 32 bit Windows machine?

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        try reading it remotely using a x64 client and see if you can see that hive.
        Under the 64 bit Windows I have two regedit.exe's : in \Windows and in \Windows\SysWOW64, which are different.

I can't execute the first one on my 32-bit machine (Win 7 32 bit), probably because it is a 64 bit program. When I execute the second one (the one in \Windows\SysWOW64, which is probably a 32 bit prog), I don't see the desired registry key.

TIA

Alex

Comment

Working...
        X