Service Pack 1 is RTM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Pack 1 is RTM

SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 is RTM and was made available for OEM partners.

On February 16th Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 will be available for MSDN and TechNet Subscribers as well as Volume License customers.

On February 22nd, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 will become generally available to download via the Microsoft Download Center and available on Windows Update. It will also come pre-installed on new servers ordered.

Two new features in Windows Server SP1 - Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX - enable sophisticated desktop virtualization capabilities. These features build on the comprehensive virtualization functionality already included in the Windows Server operating system.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Service Pack 1 is RTM

Good news -- any links on upgrading from RC?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What, don't fancy the 2 hour RC uninstall?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No can do. You cannot upgrade. You need to either remove (uninstall) the RC version, or re-install Windows...
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Aaaarrrggghhhh!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Double Aaaarrrggghhhh! and BUGGER!!
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have a suite of 8 training laptops, all running 2008R2, which needed SP1 RC to make the graphics work properly with HyperV. Probably time to do a test of WDS!
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Ditto WDS. I have only used RIS (with PXE) and Legacy RIS when 2003 SP2 was released so now I really must pull finger and setup a VM for WDS. Found this Tom and thought it may be of interest.
                http://blogs.technet.com/b/tonyso/ar...-with-wds.aspx

FYI Tom, uninstalled RC from Win 7 x64 and it took about 15 minutes. Laptop, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM. I had read a post or email somewhere that said the uninstall took them 2 hour. After the long install time of the SP, 2 hours didn't really surprise me. Guess they had a very low spec machine or they wuz wrong about the time.
                Last edited by biggles77; 13th February 2011, 19:01. Reason: Added info.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Tom, Chris,

WDS with MDT 2010 and it will work perfecctly.

I'm doing it now for our org and if i can do it anyone can.

Comment

Yup -- keep going with what I have for a few weeks, then a MDT deploy.
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Working...
                    X