Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy - Point & Print

Hi,

I hope this has been posted in the correct place!

I am starting to loose hair rapidly. We have a test domain in a showroom environment and had been playing with deploying printer connections via Group Policy. All was good and working well...... or at least we thought so.....

What we failed to realise was that the printers were being deployed exactly as thought when you were logged in as a domain admin, however login as a domain user and the policy does not apply!

I have went over and over and over the GPO settings including Point & Print object set not to prompt for new drivers or updated connections. I have also went over and over the deployed printer object.

Same thing each time, give the user elevated rights and hey presto the printer deploys. Strip the rights away and gpupdate and the printer connection disappears again!

I have also run gpresult with the domain user logged in and it shows the created policy object under the 'Applied Group Policy Objects' section!!!

AAAAARGGHHHH

please help!

Adam

Re: Group Policy - Point & Print

Sorry, I suppose some details on the setup wouldn't go a miss!

DC = Windows Server 2008 x86
    Clients - Windows Vista Business x86, Windows 7 Enterprise x86 and Windows 7 Enterprise x64

Adam

Comment

Re: Group Policy - Point & Print

Hi,

can you post event that is logged in application logs?
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Working...
      X