Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failover clustering has failed

Hello,

I have a Windows 2008 Hyper V fail over cluster which has failed and now I have all my VM's sitting on one node and nothing on the other.
    My event log are full of error like the following
    "The Cluster service failed to bring clustered service or application 'Cluster Group' completely online or offline. One or more resources may be in a failed state. This may impact the availability of the clustered service or application."

Thus far I have been unable to recover the cluster so i would like to know if it is possible to remove the clustering altogether and set it up again from scratch without there been data availability issues??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Failover clustering has failed

Moved to 2008 forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

remove the second (failed) node from the cluster.
      then re-add it.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re-run the cluster validation with default settings to make sure your configuration still is working.

If you wish to start over from scratch, make sure you save virtual machines first. Then destroy the cluster (use Remove-Cluster cmdlet or the FOC Admin tool) and set it up again. Then add your virtual machines as clustered resources.

-vP

Comment

Working...
        X