Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 r2 GPO to Map Multiple Shared Drives Using Same Drive Letter

New to the forum as a poster so apologies in advance

Running 2008r2 server and am trying to use GPO to map multiple shared folders for one user. For example, I created a root folder Data with subfolders IT, Admin, HR and I want to map user X via one drive letter to Data with the permissions to R\W IT & HR. Currently I am able to assign a drive letter and map user X to HR but when I do the same for Data, the mapping does not appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2008 r2 GPO to Map Multiple Shared Drives Using Same Drive Letter

Hi,

How abt if you create another folder called DataA\SubfolderA then map the user to this folder with different drive letter

just wondering if it is possible to map root folder and subfolder to same user with different drive letters

Will Test in the lab also and see what is the outcome.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

No reason you cannot map different levels with different drive letters, but why not map to the root and let NTFS do the rest.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm looking and I don't see a way to map the same drive letter to different shares for different users in the same GPO using the new GP Preferences settings. You could create multiple GPO's with different mappings for the drive letter you want to use and use Security Filtering to apply them to different users.

Comment

I think the OP needs to explain more clearly what they are trying to do
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X