No announcement yet.

DNS Service Stopped

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Service Stopped

I have one Domain controller, 1 ADC and 1 RODC which is all running on Windows Server 2008 R2. Yesterday my DC was not responding at that moment i have restarted server manually. after DNS Server serviced not able to start automatically when I am trying to start manually it gives error "Windows could not start DNS Server Service on Local Computer error 1722- The RPC Server is unavailable.

RPC Service is running but i can not change his state as stop, start button is gray out.

Not even DNS Server service, There are several services are not running like Windows Event Log, Task Scheduler etc.

I am wondering here and there but not gettng any clue about this problem. even replication is going on properly between DC, ADC, RODC.

Please help me in this if anyone has idea about it.

Rajnish Kumar

Re: DNS Service Stopped

RPC is one of these services that can't be restarted. Strange that the Event Log has not started as it usually starts right after a restart. I would try restarting it again. Also it rings some bells that there was some sort of problem with other service taking the ports needed for DNS. Maybe Blackberry. Basically you either needed to reserve the ports or make sure DNS starts before the other service.