group policys won't apply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• group policys won't apply

Hi all I wonder if you can help today I copied my local windows7 profiles to the domain
    When it was all setup I tried applying a group policy to disable programs and features

But no policys were applying for some reason? Even after a gpupdate /force it says in the event viewer that the policys were applied?

Hi Ossian,
    your option did work in the end thanks alot
    Last edited by jase1871; 2nd February 2011, 16:46. Reason: works

Re: group policys won't apply

Are you applying in the domain level or OU level?
    make sure your computer is in the OU that you are trying to apply to.

Thanks,
    HN
    Originally posted by jase1871 View Post
    Hi all I wonder if you can help today I copied my local windows7 profiles to the domain
    When it was all setup I tried applying a group policy to disable programs and features

But no policys were applying for some reason? Even after a gpupdate /force it says in the event viewer that the policys were applied?

Comment

Hi
      The computers are in the ou and applied at domain level before I copied there profiles and logged into there account to test it the policys worked its only since I copied there local profile?

Comment

Run RSoP and check the policies are not blocked, then start troubleshooting the machine itself

Are other policies applying OK?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi It appears other policys arent applying either i went into group policy results selected the machine to see what has applied and im getting access denied?

the users are all members of the domain_user and all policys are applied to these?

Comment

If it is a GPO applied to the computer (not the user) have you tried loopback processing to ensure user settings do not overwrite it?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,
              thanks for letting me know to try that it didnt work.

could it be that i used the following tool to migrate the users local profile to the domain? that it has something to do with it?

User Profile Wizard 3?

as it seems the people who have a profile setup on the domain and didnt have a local profile the policys appear to be working?

Comment

Working...
              X