Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network policy server 2008r2 802.1x

Hi,
    I have some questions about how to implement this, and Cisco switches are also involved in this plan.
    The idea is to protect the local network from unauthorized computers to plug in network cable and get access to the local network.

The second idea is to create several dhcp scopes and based on membership get ipadress from a specific dhcp scope. And also configure vlan:s in the Cisco switch (layer 3).

Do i need to install certificate services for this to work? Or can i create securitygroups only and differ them in that way?

Does somebody know if there is any guide about how to implement this? Do i point every vlan to the specific dhcp scope in some way in the Cisco switch? Is there any special commands for this?
    //Ruslan

Re: Network policy server 2008r2 802.1x

Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

It is instructions to set up DHCP NAP in a test lab, so essentially a walkthrough of the process

More here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...s/nap-faq.aspx
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi and Thanks,
      I think this can help me and is the right solution for me.
      /Ruslan

Comment

No problem -- let us know how you get on
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X