Slow Printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Printing

All, I have a virtual windows2003 SP2 print server. I also have a bunch of vm desktops that people use on their physical machines. When they try to print frm them, specially large files, the printing is very slow. It can take a few minutes to print a PPT file that takes 30 seconds on a physical box. Also, the print job has completed printing and the printing propertis still show it as spooling. Any ideas?
    thanks,

Re: Slow Printing

Try to send a large print file again. Then while the job is sending to the printer.. take a look at your virtual server resource. Make sure that your virtual server have enough resource.
    That is where I would start to trouble shooting since it is on a virtual node.

Thanks,
    HN

Originally posted by tequilaman View Post
    All, I have a virtual windows2003 SP2 print server. I also have a bunch of vm desktops that people use on their physical machines. When they try to print frm them, specially large files, the printing is very slow. It can take a few minutes to print a PPT file that takes 30 seconds on a physical box. Also, the print job has completed printing and the printing propertis still show it as spooling. Any ideas?
    thanks,

Comment

Re: Slow Printing

also look at this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...62(WS.10).aspx

there is a part explaining the Print Queue Object counter available.

Comment

Working...
      X