2008 dcpromo into existing 2003 domain - continued adprep warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 dcpromo into existing 2003 domain - continued adprep warning

I'm adding a new 2008R2 Standard server to an existing 2003R2 Standard domain. I've used the 2008 adprep utility on the 2003 DC.

adprep /forestprep
    adprep /domainprep
    adprep /domainprep /gpprep

All have completed successfully yet the 2008 dcpromo continues to fail, warning that I need to run adprep /forestprep.

I followed one of Daniel's atricles to verify the revision (5) and objectversion (47) using ADSIEdit but mine show as 2 and 44 instead. I don't know if changing these manually will help or is even advised.

petri.co.il/prepare-for-server-2008-r2-domain-controller.htm (Sorry, can't post links yet)

Any further attempts to run adprep on the 2003 DC tells me that are not needed.

I have verified that the Domain and Forest function levels on the DC are 2003.

The 2008 server has been joined to the existing domain (Tried dcpromo before and after)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2008 dcpromo into existing 2003 domain - continued adprep warning

Are you sure you ran R2 adprep or just off a regular Server 2008 media? (Version numbers suggest this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/556086)
    Did you run it on the FSMO holder?
    Did you run the correct version (32 bit or 64 bit) for the DC you were running it on?
    Last edited by Ossian; 20th January 2011, 18:40.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Can you post the complete warning/error ?
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Ossian I believe you have this sorted out with the adprep mismatch. I'll try again with a verified R2 version and post back. Thanks a ton!

Comment

No problem -- let us know how you get on
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

That was indeed, my issue. Found the correct version and everything is operational.

Thanks again!

Comment

Well done, glad its sorted!
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X