No announcement yet.

GPO server sk8

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO server sk8

Hello everyone;

I'm sorry if this is a redundant topic. I have been trying to get this simple logon/logoff script that logs domain users time in and out.

file --> inlog.cmd

echo Log-On Script: Login From: %COMPUTERNAME%, User Name: %USERNAME%, Date: %DATE%, Time: %TIME%>>\\DOMAIN\UserLog\%USERNAME%.CSV

USERS have read/write permission for shared userlog folder.

I have linked GPO to OU.

The logon cmd file was pasted to %SystemRoot%\sysvol\<domain>\Policie\{GUID}\user\S cripts\Logon

Only 1 server

when I log into the server as the domain user that is in the OU, it creates the .CSV file and logs the login time.

when I log out the server, it adds the logoff time for this user.

When I log onto the workstation using this same user, it does not create with the new login time entry if the file isn't there already or there is no update if it's already there. Same result for logging off also.

From that same workstation under that user, I can go to the %SystemRoot%\sysvol\<domain>\Policie\{GUID}\user\S cripts\Logon folder on the server and execute the .cmd file and it does create the .CSV file!

Please help I have been up all night trying to figure this out.
    same this happens if i want to map a drive. It works if i log onto the server as the user but not on the workstations.... workstation is xp sp3 and server 2008

Thanks for the help!

Re: GPO server sk8

this is from workstation event viewer

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Re: GPO server sk8

i believe i found the issue...

the gpo is timing out.
      the domain logon sits there awhile after entering in the password.