Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 2008 unable to add domain Users (only show SID)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 unable to add domain Users (only show SID)

Hi everyone,

We are in a middle of a network migration. The Windows domain is 2000. It has been modified when we installated Exchange 2003.
    We have to install a Windows 2008 and SQL 2008 R2 for the new accounting software (new release and taxes issues).
    The Windows 2008 is installed and running, as the SQL 2008. However when we try to add users in the user Groups (ex. Administrators) within the Windows 2008 we may select the users in the AD but once added they are listed with numbers only (SID). So they are not recongnized.

Do you have any ideas on how to make it work fast ans easily? We are in a process to move from 2000 to 2008 domain (that should fix it permanently) but still having old OS in shop we are not able to do it yet !

Bests Regards

ANormand

Re: Windows 2008 unable to add domain Users (only show SID)

Find something new....

The local group Administrators : If I add users it don't list the username only the SID, if I add the domain administrator I see the username and the SID.

If I create a local group called SQL-ADMINISTATRATORS: It does the same thing

Only the domain administrator could be added !!! Is it strange?

Comment

I found a solution. A hotfix is availble from Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976494

ANormand

Comment

Thanks for posting back -- well done
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X