Active Directory Mess (need help) New AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Mess (need help) New AD

My old active directory was a mess. So I had to make a new one. Reinstalled fresh 2008 R2. Now I want to move just my user accounts and computer from old ad to the new, with all the access permissions. Can this be done? Both ADS are/were 2008 R2. Please help me.

Re: Active Directory Mess (need help) New AD

Look at ADMT.

Comment

The Active Directory Migration Tool as mentioned by wullie there, is the best option for what you need to do.

you will need to create a trust between the two forests, but then you can migrate users, computer accounts, profiles, groups, whatever you want

there's 300-odd page document to read, and i'd suggest at least skimming through it before going into it helter-skelter
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Obviously the above assumes you still have the old domain "live", so you have not destroyed all the DCs

If you do not, rejoining computers is your only option
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

use ADMT for user migration and PES (password export server) for password migration.
          also old active directory setup must exist in order to migrate users and password s from the old Active Directory to the new 2008 Active directory.
          You can find many articles on line describing step by step procedures for how to migrate users and password from 2003 to 2008 active directory.

with regards,

Comment

Working...
          X