DNS - Access was denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS - Access was denied

Hi All, I've been having issues with a 2008 R2 server. It's running Hyper-V with four VMs. One of which is the PDC (and GM) which also hosts DNS, integrated into AD. When I try to open the DNS snap-in. it gives me 'Access was denied'. I set DNS up on one of the other VMs and it works fine. I can open the new DNS service from the DC with the non-functioning DNS. Dcdiag says it cannot get past LDAP and RPC and to check my firewall settings. Well, I turned all firewalls off and it's still doing it. Ideas?

Re: DNS - Access was denied

- Were the servers cloned? If so, had you used sysprep?
    - There are several profiles for the firewall. Had you disabled it on all of them?
    - Where you were running dcdiag from?
    Regards,
    Leonid

MCSE 2003, MCITP EA, VCP4.

Comment

when you run tyhe command prompt for dcdiag and netdiag, try ryunning them as administrator. even if you're already uysing domain administrator, "run as administrator" anyway - I've stumbled on this before

try same for your dns console
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by venom83 View Post
        - Were the servers cloned?
        No

- There are several profiles for the firewall. Had you disabled it on all of them?
        We're talking about a machine that we're logged onto not being able to access one of it's own services. I really don't think a firewall has much to do with it, but no. I just went into Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and turned the three things off when logged in as Administrator.

- Where you were running dcdiag from?
        The only DC in the domain - the one that has DNS running on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          when you run tyhe command prompt for dcdiag and netdiag, try ryunning them as administrator. even if you're already uysing domain administrator, "run as administrator" anyway - I've stumbled on this before

try same for your dns console
          Tried both. Exactly the same error.

Thank you both for the replies. I'm a bit flustered here and don't know what to try next ...

Comment

Working...
          X