Event Id 56

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Id 56

does anybody know why i cannot post a new topic on here ? it has been a while. what i am missing ? TIA

Lately, i've seen many event id 56 on our remote server.
    it says 'The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client.
    Client IP: 82.202.249.19.'
    Most of the client IPs belong to our users. Many of them are from countries like Russian and Germany.
    I look up for '82.202.249.19' and it is from Russia. I have enabled port forwarding on our remote server so it is no longer 3389.

i wonder if this is just port scanning that h a c k e r s do or our server has been compromised ? any help is appreciated. TIA
    Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.png
Views:	5
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	516629

Comment

Something to do with the picture, I think. Post approved, other topics deleted
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian. any chance you can change my topic to 'Event Id 56' or delete the 'post a new topic' post ? Thanks.
        Last edited by spn; 1st April 2018, 21:37.

Comment

First result: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=winserverTS
          Lots of trouble-shooting suggestions in that thread.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks Blood.

Comment

Working...
            X