Windows Firewall unknown ports open found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Firewall unknown ports open found

Today i found some unknown ports opened on my Windows Server Firewall as Windows Service Host. Please see the attached screenshot and let me know whether i can delete this ports. I don't use default RDP Port i have created a customer RDP port. And i don't know about this ports which are starting with 1024, 1025 and so on.

Personally, I would disable them and wait for someone to complain - if no-one does, good, if they do, you can review what they are using them for. I'm afraid the days of "well, someone opened it, so it must be needed" are long gone....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian, Few days before there was some attack attempt on my Windows Server. I found the hacker created unknown users and logged in to my server via RDP. Hence i changed my default RDP port and also configured my Windows Firewall. Please see that attached screenshot.

Comment

Working...
      X