Application not running from server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application not running from server

Ok, we have two TS servers running VS2005, TS1 is running an app locally and TS2 running the app using the a \\ to TS1 and all is fine. Whenever a user logs in to either everything is fine.

We've setup two new TS servers running Hyper-V, TS1 with the app locally runs fine when people login, but TS2 just won't play ball using the same method as the VS2005.

I've compared the folder shares/permissions and are the same, whether 2005/2008 and getting nowhere fast.

I've starting to think that the problem relates to the new TS2 but wondered if anyone had any ideas or could recommend a trace program because event viewer isn't reporting anything unless the application hangs.

Thanks

Re: Application not running from server

Ignore the application for now.

From TS2, can you see the share on TS1?
    How do you know the application isn't working? does it just not start ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yes, can see te share. We tried reinstalled yesterday and it works fine as domain admin, but not as any user or admin equiv. You double click the shortcut and not nothing happens.

Comment

check the local group permissions on server1 vs server2
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You said it works as "\\" path. Are you using an administrative share for this path? Like C$ or D$? If so, it cannot run as regular user, only admins granted control to it.
          You can share exactly the folder you need.

You said it yourself: it works as domain admin. This means that it's probably a permission problem.

Hope this helps. If not, we'll need more info: what permissions had you set up on the folder and on the share, the share path, etc.
          Regards,
          Leonid

MCSE 2003, MCITP EA, VCP4.

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
            check the local group permissions on server1 vs server2
            Ok, compared these and they only difference was that the domain administrator wasn't in the administrators group

Comment

Originally posted by venom83 View Post
              You said it works as "\\" path. Are you using an administrative share for this path? Like C$ or D$? If so, it cannot run as regular user, only admins granted control to it.
              You can share exactly the folder you need.

You said it yourself: it works as domain admin. This means that it's probably a permission problem.

Hope this helps. If not, we'll need more info: what permissions had you set up on the folder and on the share, the share path, etc.
              Nope, not an admin path, just a shared folder with permissions set. I'm in the administrators group and it doesn't work for me either. I'm sure it's a permissions issue but its finding the damn thing.

Comment

Working...
              X