Windows 2008 R2 32bit Renaming folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 R2 32bit Renaming folders

Have installed a server 2008 a couple of months ago and its developed a fault where when you create a new folder you cannot rename it the folder goes back to "New folder", i have check all permissions and also replaced the explorer.exe from a working system , this is the same issue when renaming an allready existing folder, i can change the folder name in the command prompt and also with other applications too the problem only seems to exist when changing the folder using windows explorer directly on the server, i am also able to rename the folder by a workstation too connect to the server just not on the server. i have searched many forums for a solution but no one seems to have the answer im looking for or even the same issue. any help greatfully appreciated.
    Last edited by knowhow; 2nd November 2010, 17:23.

Re: Windows 2008 R2 32bit Renaming folders

Could you please clarify the operating system you are running because you mention Server 2008 R2 32bit in the thread title and Server 2008 in the post body.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Could it be that UAC has you running in some sort of reduced admin rights mode? I thought R2 was x64 only.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Could you please clarify the operating system you are running because you mention Server 2008 R2 32bit in the thread title and Server 2008 in the post body.
        Its windows server standard 2008 SP2 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMcD View Post
          Could it be that UAC has you running in some sort of reduced admin rights mode? I thought R2 was x64 only.
          the administrator can do everything else with out question still i can change the folder name with the command prompt its just when using explorer

Comment

Re: Windows 2008 R2 32bit unable to rename folders

It is possible to rename files with explorer no issues it only effects folders

Comment

Working...
            X